Auris Surgical Robotics is a fast-paced start-up developing next generation robotic surgical systems. Auris provides systems for a complete clinical procedure including robotic control systems, specialized robotic tools, multi-modal imaging systems and automated computer analysis of system data. Auris Robotics is led by Dr. Fred Moll, founder of Intuitive Surgical Inc. and Hansen Medical Systems. Auris is looking to grow its team of advanced engineers and scientists to develop world class, game changing, robotic surgical systems. Auris Surgical Robotics is located in the center of Silicon Valley in San Carlos. We offer very competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as retirement contributions.
Summary of the Position
The senior software engineer in robotics will play a key role in the development of the robotic systems for medical applications. He/she will work closely with the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups to architect, design and implement software solutions to control and simulate the Auris robotic systems. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and also function well within a team, is flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
– Work with software and system engineers to develop software for medical robotic applications.
– Design, implement, and validate C++ applications in an FDA regulated environment.
– Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on the robotic systems.
– Take part of the development of a simulation environment for our robotic systems.
– Quickly implement proof of concepts and test them on the systems.
– Participate in design discussion and code review.
– MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
– 5+ years designing and implementing software solutions for robotic systems.
– Strong background in object oriented programming and systemarchitecture.
– Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications.
– Strong experience in robotic and control architecture.
– Experience with robotics software framework such as ROS, OROCOS,Gazebo, V-Rep.
– Experience with real-time software applications and RTOS (QNX preferred).
– Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.
– Excellent communication and documentation skills.
– Experience with dynamics simulation libraries such as Bullet or ODE.
– Experience with TCP/IP based network programming.
– Experience with developing software in a regulated environment, Medical device preferred.
– Experience with Ethercat real time communication fieldbus forautomation.
– Experience with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing.
– Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering.
– Experience with GUI development under QT.
Please contact: Mark Downing
Recruiting | Auris Surgical Robotics