- Research and implement advanced driving assistance and automation functions at BMW in China.
- Design algorithms for driving strategies for advanced driver assistance and automation functions in China based on perception and environmental models.
- Implement these algorithms for usage in BMW research prototype vehicles.
- Design and implementation of collision avoidance system.
- Optimization of these functions.
- Test and validation of driving strategies and collision avoidance system in simulation environments and real prototype cars.
- Defining requirements and situations for China specific implementations of advanced driving assistance and automation functions together with BMW departments in Munich and at BMW China. Documentation of requirements and specifications.
- Close cooperation with research teams in Shanghai and Munich involving several departments. Active communication to Munich and aligment with activities in Munich.
- Using safety oriented development and process.
- Define, design and implement safe states and degradation concepts for advanced driver assistance and automation functions in China specific environments.
- Driving and testing prototype cars.
- Transfer of research results to Munich and BMW China.
Education / Degree:
- Master degree in Robotics. Alternatively major in Computer Science, Electrical/electronic Engineering with specialisation in robotics. Working in path planning, image processing, sensor data fusion or driver assistance systems.
Knowledge / Skills / Competences:
- Strong software implementation skills in C / C++. Capability of implementing projects with limited resources and creative solutions.
- Understanding of robotics and machine learning, especially in the areas of trajectory planning. Solid knowledge on sensor data fusion, control and feedback control systems.
- Good knowledge about car architectures and prototyping of research functions.
- English reading / writing / communication
- Strong implementation skills. Capability of implementing projects with limited resources and creative solutions. Experience with workshops building or maintaining research vehicles.
- Industry or university experience working in robotics or driver assistance systems.
Please go here to send your CV or directly send your CV to wanli.jiang at bmw dot com