Visual-Navigation and Robotics Engineer (Canton, CT, USA)
We are creating fast, agile, collision-free drones using visual-navigation. Our team consists of aerospace and robotics engineers with expertise in flight control, dynamics, motion planning and probabilistic estimation. Our roots lie in estimation, advanced flight control and motion planning. We like having our cake and eating it too, by converting beautiful mathematical algorithms with guarantees into highly-reliable flight code.
As a visual-navigation and robotics engineer you will design and develop algorithms that allow a vehicle to understand and navigate its environment. As a key member of our team you will help create integrated navigation and control software for aggressive flight on a small aerial vehicle.
On a typical day you might:
- Design and implement visual navigation algorithms.
- Test vision algorithms in simulation and in flight.
- Perform benchmark tests to characterize and evaluate the performance of the system.
- Create and implement new features to extend system capabilities.
- Integrate with motion-planning algorithms and advanced flight controllers for agile closed loop flight.
- Make magic by transforming beautiful mathematical algorithms into code and flying it!
A broad understanding of modern visual navigation techniques is required, and practical experience with implementation of these techniques for closed-loop control is highly desired. The ideal candidate would have a strong commitment to writing clear, readable code and must be willing to help in all aspects of software test and development when necessary.
- Extensive experience developing visual odometry, 3D Mapping and SLAM systems.
- Familiar with Kalman filters, sensor fusion and other advanced methods.
- Proficient in C++, Python
- Able to use Vicon Systems, OpenCV, ROS, Motion Planning algorithms.
- Familiarity working with Linux and embedded systems.
- Experience with deep learning and neural networks is a plus.
- Optimization of code to work on small flying platforms.
- Thrive in a small startup with a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Mathematics or other relevant field.