Senior Robotics Applications Engineer Position (St Louis, MO)
Intelligrated – A full scope provider of material handling technologies and automation is excited to announce the opening of a new position in our St Louis, MO facility. We are seeking a Senior Robotics Applications Engineer.
This position researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Aids in the design and development of robotic equipment and associated systems to fulfill the needs of customers. The position’s responsibilities also include providing equipment functionality and capability solutions to the sales force and acting as technical liaison to the sales team. This position has the skillset to successfully apply robotic technologies via standard and non-standard methodologies. The role produces robotic solutions via layout designs and proposal documentation for assigned projects and requires strong communication skills for interfacing directly with customers.
– Participates in relevant kick-off / turnover meetings to ensure complete knowledge transfer of the opportunity and requirements of the proposal, including deliverables and dates.
– Develops cost estimating quote sheets, device lists, vendor quotes and / or other assigned documentation to ensure retention of all quoting assumptions, parameters, boundaries and decisions.
– Participates in turnover to engineering meetings for sold projects, to ensure knowledge transfer of the project as proposed to the implementation team.
– Participates in concept reviews to propose and validate alternative designs and solutions.
– Initiates and delivers process improvements, from concept through implementation
– Reviews and validates costs as provided by resource teams to ensure alignment with requirements as well as appropriate cost levels.
– Manages time to meet accepted proposal deliverables per established proposal schedule
-Communicates, interacts, and maintains positive relationships with internal and external customers at all levels while fostering cooperation and teamwork within the department.
– Provides technical support in sales presentations to customers as needed
– Acts as team leader and provides direction to others as appropriate
– Consults with customers to derive optimal system design and participates in the presentation of the proposal