Robotics SW Engineer Positions at All Levels at Neato Robotics (Newark, CA)
Neato Robotics is rapidly expanding, and we are looking for Robotics SW Engineers at all levels, with expertise in mobile robotics, robot control architectures, indoor navigation, planning and mapping/SLAM, computer vision/perception/data fusion, and simulation. We are looking for people who are excited to work on challenging, real-life robotics problems, who would help us advance the state of home robots. Please see the official announcement for a junior-to-mid level position below; for a Sr. position, we would prefer someone with either a PhD in related field and 2+ years of post-PhD experience, or a MS and 5+ years of experience.
*Robotics Software Engineer*
Neato operates at the forefront of consumer robotics in the Bay Area. We are a team of talented engineers laser-focused on building products that are affordable, delightful and beneficial to our customers by freeing them from household chores.
Our platform of patented sensors works in concert with robust SLAM and vision algorithms to deliver unparalleled interior navigation performance. Our XV-11 and BotVac families have received numerous awards for intelligence, ease of use and cleaning effectiveness. And they are only the first of many.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineers and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in leading startups from early stage to successful multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing team in Newark, CA.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class *Robotics Software Engineer* reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
*Overall Responsibilities: *
As a Robotics Software Engineer at Neato you will be responsible for architecture and implementation of the navigation, mapping and localization software that runs at the core of the highest-performance mass market navigation system on the planet. You will have an opportunity to span the stack from real-time embedded software to navigation, path planning and mobile connectivity. You will work directly with Hardware Engineering on specifications for future robotic platforms.
At the end of the day you will hold a critical role in ensuring Neato’s robots continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform.
*Required Experience: *
– BS/MS/PhD in CS or Robotics with 2+ years experience in software development for robotics platforms
– Responsible for architecture and implementation of Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter, etc)
– Responsible for architecture and implementation of mobile robot path planning systems (A*, Dijkstra, Graph Search, etc)
– Substantial experience with C and C++ development on real-time, embedded platforms
– Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU, etc)
– Experience operating within Agile environments
– Ability to operate within git repositories
– Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, software, product management)
*Desired Experience: *
– Hands-on Experience with ground mobile robots
– Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX (drivers, user applications, bootloader, etc)
– Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms
– Design and implementation of machine learning algorithms
– Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
– Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
– Experience and interest in robotics and connected devices
*Instructions for Application:*
Please send your resume by email.