Robotics Software Engineer at Q-Bot (SW London, UK)
• Job Title: Robotics Software Engineer
• Reporting to: CEO
• Term: Permanent, Full or Part Time
• Deadline: ASAP
• Package: Salary + Performance Related Pay + Attractive Options Scheme
• Location: SW London (Earlsfield)
Q-Bot is looking to hire a talented C++ Software Engineer to join a multidisciplinary Product Development team. The
role will primarily consist of the design and development of applications for the control of robotic systems and user
interfaces, as well as the analysis and presentation of data, for example generating and assessing 3D maps showing
environmental conditions. The ideal candidate would have a degree in Computer Science, at least 2-3 years commercial experience in C++ programming, work fluently within Linux based environments, have good analytical skills, be passionate about robotics, and a wish to address real world applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved with a high tech, high growth company and work within a creative and dynamic team. To make the most of this exciting opportunity Q-Bot is looking for someone who is ambitious, driven and who will be motivated by seeing their efforts have a real and lasting impact. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an exciting, diverse and demanding role which has many opportunities for career progression. Salary will depend on experience and the successful candidate will also be invited to take part in the Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) and / or performance related pay.
Duties of the job:
– Creating applications that control robotic systems and associated user interfaces, including control routines, drivers, firmware and other communication systems.
– Creating graphical visualisations of data and analysing, comparing and assessing environmental conditions.
– Performing tests, problem diagnosis, and debugging.
– Running experiments, analysing data and comparing results to theory.
– Researching a topic area, reporting and presenting back.
– Presenting and communicating ideas, including planning software development.
– Visiting customer sites and analysing products in situ.
– Project management of assigned projects/work packages.
– A good degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related subject.
– A minimum of 2 years of experience in C++.
– Knowledge of app development and experience creating user interfaces.
– Excellent knowledge of Linux.
– Experience with communication protocols.
– Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
– Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
– Experience with ROS.
– Experience with microcontrollers (Arduino).
– Experience with robotic systems.
– Experience with computer vision libraries: OpenCV, PCL.
– Basic electronics.
– Motivated and goal oriented.
– Able to plan time and work to deadlines.
– Shows initiative and diligent.
– Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
Q-Bot is at the forefront of robotics, sustainability and the built environment and counts Camden Council, Cardiff Council, CityWest Homes and Peabody among its customers. See videos below.
The intelligent robots developed by Q-Bot have a number of benefits:
– They empower operators, making them more efficient and productive.
– They allow easier, cheaper, safer and more effective execution of tasks than traditionally possible.
– They create buildings that are energy efficient, cheaper to run and much more comfortable.
The company has a highly innovative technology platform with many exciting applications, a creative approach to tackling climate change, combined with a strong social agenda, helping people in fuel poverty and working with our customers to ensure a positive impact within the local community that we serve. The company’s offices are based near Earlsfield and Wandsworth (South West London). Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply to: email@example.com