Iron Ox is Hiring a Lead Mechanical Engineer to Develop Robotic Greenhouses (San Francisco Bay Area, CA)
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to supply fresh and sustainable produce to grocery stores and restaurants. We’re a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that is passionate about developing the next wave of technology in food production. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who we’re looking for
Iron Ox is looking for a lead mechanical engineer to join our team. You will lead our mechanical design efforts for a range of design problems, from robotics to hydroponics, and work closely with roboticists and growers to build the future of automated farming.
- BS in mechanical engineering or related field. MS preferred.
- 3+ years job experience planning, designing and manufacturing mechanical systems.
- Broad knowledge. We have many problems to solve, from robotic actuators to water pumps.
- Ability and desire to move quickly and iterate.
- Hands-on approach to prototyping.
- Proficiency with CAD tools.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with robotics or mechatronics.
- Exposure to agriculture.
- Deep knowledge about one or more of our specific problems.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Equity in a pre-Series-A, Y Combinator-backed startup.
- As one of the first employees, you’ll have key impact on the company.
Please apply here.